Leadership and Faith with Joy Olusile (I)





Profile
 Joy Olusile is a child of God. A graduate of Educational Planning and Administration from Babcock university where she served in various leadership positions. She served as the Vice President, Babcock University Student Association for the 2019/20 session. She also served in other capacities namely; the Public Relations Officer of the Babcock University Literary Art Society, Vice President Education Student Association, and other forefront roles. 
Ahe is amazing at speaking on diverse areas particularly about the youths and teenagers. she has utilized her confidence and passion for this course on various platforms across some states in Nigeria.

She has worked at 3 schools where she taught different classes and subjects from the levels of pre-nursery to senior secondary. Participated and organized countless activities related to leadership, emotional intelligence, and so on, she finds serving God as a great job in relation to this, she is an active member of the workforce in her church.

Joy is an advocate of people's development and selfless service on the premise of God’s word in Philippians 2: 1-4. She is also very passionate about, work readiness, youth, and children's development. She is actively involved in volunteer activities focused on her interest areas. She has received numerous awards of recognition in the areas of academic excellence, leadership, sportsmanship, social influence, and her talents.

So, for you to read and enjoy this without boring you, I decided to break the interview into two parts. The second part drops shortly. Do well to subscribe so it would be delivered to your mailbox once it drops.

Read the second part of the interview here
https://ayomidebayo.blogspot.com/2020/07/leadership-and-faith-with-joy-olusile-2.html

Can we meet you?
My name is Olusile Joy Omotola. That’s all about me. That’s all that’s on my birth certificate. Olusile Joy Omotola. (laughs)

Hahaha. Alright. Tell us about your salvation experience
I remember growing up I always used to go out for altar calls as usual but one time when I was alone at home in my JSS 1, I just felt like something was wrong, something was just not right about me and I spoke to God about it quietly in my parlor there and I told God I wanted to live a better life and I wanted to feel good and have my standards in Christ. So, that’s my life experience. That was it for me in JSS 1

Amazing!  How was it for you combining leadership, academics, and not allowing it to affect your personal relationship with God?

Okay. I kind of had the ability to compartmentalize my life into compartments. I separate everything about my life. So, when I am leading, doing academics, but I don’t compartmentalize God. So, I spread God through all these things. So, even when I am doing these things, I have God in mind. Before I take any action on all these things I have God in mind. 

So, basically, you could be led on how to do everything the best way. God even helps me to build my relationship with him. So, sometimes I could be working, and have not had time for God, and God just reminds me of that.

“Hey babe, how far we’ve not spoken today? Or Hey babe, how far you’ve not prayed today?” And he just reminds me. God is in every area of my life, but I don’t mix up my duties. 

So, when I am leading, I know that I am strictly leading and I am not coming to tell people I lead that Oh I have work to do, I have books to read or things like that. Everybody has things to do.


Talk to us about your purpose in God's agenda
Yea. My sole purpose is in line with God, which says that we should preach the gospel, win souls for God, but it’s just that everybody does it in different ways. So most of my fulfilling God’s purpose in my career is in the line of children. I love children a lot. So, most times I love to impact the lives of children as much as I can. Children, teenagers, and people of my age basically and lower.


Knowing full well that people management is one of the difficulties leaders face, how were you able to manage the people you lead?

For me, there’s a lot of things that come into leadership and first of all, you have to be an example. Jesus Christ was the example that he wanted us to follow. He was what he wanted us to depict. So, the basis of leadership is that you have to be what you want people to be. So, if you want people to be obedient, be that as well. If you want people to listen to your opinion, listen to their opinions too. So, the Bible says to do unto others as you want others to do unto you.

 So, that’s just the basics of leadership for me. When I have to lead people when I am telling people oh carry this chair or lift this or do that I am also ready to do that at the same time. I might be your leader at that point, but leadership doesn’t mean you can’t do anything or you are above the rule. 

Leadership means that you understand the rules more and you are ready to follow it. For me, that’s what leadership is. And you also treat people differently. Individual differences matter in leadership. There are some people that their energy is in collective work; there are some that their energy is in individual works. Be able to understand the people you are working with it and be able to treat them as they are. You don’t talk to everybody generally in every circumstance or every situation.

And in leadership, you don’t use one leadership style to lead. People use different leadership styles. As a leader, be dynamic. If today you are coming in with a level of energy, tomorrow you come in with another level of energy because humans tend to read people. 

And when they understand you so well, they will be able to use what they know about you against you sometimes. But when you are dynamic, you just give them more work to do. I feel I spoke too much on that already. (Laughs.)

So, for you to read and enjoy this without boring you, I decided to break the interview into two parts. The second part drops shortly. Do well to subscribe so it would be delivered to your mailbox once it drops.

Read the second part of the interview here
https://ayomidebayo.blogspot.com/2020/07/leadership-and-faith-with-joy-olusile-2.html


Comments

  1. Nice one Daniel, this is really good. Will be anticipating for the second part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before, in and after everything, GOD FIRST! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He takes the front seat🙌
      Thank you for reading sir

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts