God When?


Reading time: 2 minutes 4 seconds

If not all, maybe just a few single folks won't love the idea of being in love and having someone in your little corner who you can call your own. I doubt if there would be any though.
Side gist: I actually have a name in one corner of my head that I want to give my own personal person. lool😂

In as much as I like to scream God when I know I am a little far from being ready for one.  I would still be in the "God when?" clique for a while. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak😪😂.

For us as believers, this relationship thing is not something we rush into. In our own family, we don't do trial and error. The relationship is something we are intentional about and we don't go into it for the sake of it.
As much as you want to move from "God when?" to "God thanks"😂 there are a lot of things to put in place. This we do in the period between God when and God thanks😅. More like a waiting period.

There are questions we need to ask ourselves that will help know if we are ready or not.

Do you have a personal relationship with your first love?
This is the foundation of it all. Our lives revolve around it. It controls the other. If you don't have a relationship with him it would be difficult to love on whoever your partner is.
Daniel, but there are people who aren't believers but they love each other
You are not the other people. You are a different breed. The truth is only the love that comes from the father can sustain us and help us love others. So, until we accept his love, we are far from loving people the way we ought to.

Do you love yourself?
I believe that once you settle your love with God you would also know how to love yourself. He will open our eyes to see how much he put into creating you.
People take a cue on how to love and treat you from the way you treat yourself.

Do you have a cordial interpersonal relationship with people?
This is one thing I struggled with in the past. I sucked at conversations. So even when I met people with whom I would like to be friends I lost them because I didn't know how to keep up with them. I kept pushing until I started seeing results. Now, I can say proudly that I am better off even though I still struggle a little bit. If we can't manage relationships with friends how are we going to be able to keep the fire burning in our love relationships?
And oftentimes, when you finally find your own group you would realize that the longing or feeling of loneliness you thought was for a boo or bae was actually for friendships. Christ-centered friendships. People who love like Christ and also help you grow. You have the same goals.

   Bear ye one another burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Galatians 6:2 KJV

Do you feel comfortable sharing your personal space with people?
I used to feel uncomfortable sharing my personal space with people and I still do sometimes. I so much love my personal space that I prefer being alone sometimes. We can't avoid this when boo or bae comes. So, we have to learn it now. Also, treating your family well is important. It prepares you too.

When it is finally time to make that decision, please never make it based on feeling. Let God lead and not your feelings. You know that you should pray about your feeling right? If you didn't know before now you know.
     
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Hebrews 10:36 KJV

Some days will be hard in this phase. You keep wondering when am I going to move. But with your relationship with God in place and Christ-centered friendship those hard days, will be just like normal days.
 While you are still single enjoy that phase of your life. You have the time to build up yourself and prepare for the future.
Don't tie your happiness to being in a relationship. If you don't learn how to be happy and enjoy God even in your single period how are you going to be happy when you get into a relationship? Rest!
God writes the best love stories. Allow him to write yours by yielding to Him in obedience.

Let end with the quote I found while studying with a friend. It's so true. Two of them actually
“We must trust that God will provide when it is in His will and in His timing. Until then we must remain joyful, free from anger and jealousy, trusting that our Lord is in control.” -Amy Groeschel

   For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV

“I am sure that God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait.” -CS Lewis

Enjoy this phase while it lasts.

God when? to God thanks soon😅

Please share with me in the comment section some of the things you are doing to maximize this phase. I would be glad to read from you and also implement some of them.

Comments

  1. Nice read, trust God and enjoy your single period;it's really fun☺️.. people always want to fall in love for the thrill of it, But the truth is there's more to relationships than just feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank youuuuu. Ah😂

    We no dey rush❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're a rare breed, and it'll be a mishit should we compare ourselves to the traditions of this world. A required piece for this time. You're doing greatly, Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That's who we are. Thank for reading through bro❤

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Glad it inspired you. Thank you for reading through❤🙏

      Delete
  5. God when ooo������


    Lol no truer words Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this. I can relate perfectly .

    ReplyDelete
  7. We dey take am step by step. Wonderful piece Daniel👍 God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One step at a time😀
      Thank you for reading🙌

      Delete
  8. Somebody shook my 'God When's table 😩😂



    The criteria here are very vital to be honest, love starts with God and we should learn to have nice interpersonal relationship. This is a nice and edifying read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha. Just this once. Very important points. Thank you for reading🙏❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow👏this is wonderful🙌. God kept me because he saw the good for me to wait yesss✨✨. You are very correct Daniel, let God lead and not your feelings. While you're still single enjoy that phase of your life, build yourself and prepare for the future very correct👏. Weldone Sir, more grace✨✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thank you very much for reading🙏❤

      Delete
  11. It's actually so relatable,I suck at conversations but I'm getting better.
    Enjoying one's singleness and not rushing is very key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very important. Getting better at this end too. Thank you for reading🙏❤

      Delete
  12. Nice one Daniel. It is worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts