Complete in Christ



Reading time: 2 minutes 4 seconds.

There’s a lot that making fun of a person’s physique, body shaming and bullying does to them especially a young child. And it’s even more dangerous cause if not quickly checked it can affect them when they grow up. I have been there so I know the effect.

As I was writing this article, I remembered an incident that happened in my junior secondary school days which not only ruined my self-esteem but made me insecure.
I had an infection on my head. And there was a particular guy that always picked on me amongst others, because of this infection. Let’s call him X. One instance I can remember out of many others happened in the dining hall. I was laying my head on the table in the dining hall and then x goes. “Guy, this thing on your head is irritating. Raise your head.” I can tell you it wasn’t so bad like he painted it. He probably has forgotten about it, but I never forgot. It hurt deeply.


One time someone told me to wash my face well when bathing so I could become lighter at least. He meant well. Maybe. But oró yen ja mi lara je😂
I started doing that and other unbelievable things that I can’t share for the sake of space. I started looking out to make friends with the happening guys. That should boost my esteem and self-worth, I thought. But It ended in tears. I came out more insecure and confused. I struggled with receiving comments from people. Even when I scored good grades in school, I felt I didn’t deserve it. And it was just a matter of time before I went back to my poor grades. That was so toxic.

Persons who go through this kind of experience some times never feel good about their body shape, complexion, and even stall on visions placed in their hearts to achieve because they think they are incapable. In the long run, in other to feel good and accepted, they go into abusive relationships and seek validation in the same set of people that ruin their worth.
The beauty of being a child of God is the value and love he places on us.

“Let us create man in our own image and likeness”
Powerful statement. God put so much into creating us and it would be disastrous to allow the enemy to make function less than who we are.
A friend put it this way “God put so much into creating us and it’s only appropriate that we respond by giving our life to him” In Christ, you are a new creature.

When we see ourselves the way God sees us we repair the tainted or cracked image, we have of ourselves. Everything God made is good. Gen 1:31. God’s love and affirmation are all you need to go through life. Grow your intimacy with God. The more we get closer to him, the more he sheds off the negative words that have taken root in our life, our knowledge of who we are in him increases and he overwhelms us with his love.
We need to affirm ourselves more. Declare often what the word of the Lord says about you. These words go a long way in shaping who we become. Also, be very protective of your space and the words you allow people to say to you. Your father is a king, act like that.
You are a MASTERPIECE. Only one version of you exists. If it was only you who existed in the word, God would still have sent Christ to die for you.

Dear Child of the King,
Come into your royalty.

Comments

  1. Yessssssssss🔥💥
    Everything God made is good so therefore I'm good and complete in christ🔥
    I AM A MASTER PIECE👑🔥
    Thank you Daniel for this, more grace Sir✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is glorious to think that we're complete in God. In Him, we live, eat, sleep and have our being. Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an insightful piece.. we should learn to find identity in God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, we should come to know that we are complete in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very deep and inspiring👌. God bless you Daniel. More grace to do greater exploits for the Father.👊👏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts